Get Notified About NaJoWriMo
NaJoWriMo starts 1st day of January, April, July, and October
- Develop a journal writing habit.
- Free Tips for Maintaining a Journal Writing Habit
National Journal Writing Month begins the 1st day of January, April, July, and October
NaJoWriMo is a new site, started in January of 2015. It is based on the widely popular NaNoWriMo for novel writers.
The purpose of NaJoWriMo are several:
- To help those new to journal writing develop a habit of journaling.
- To provide journal writing prompts and other resources for new and experienced journal writers.
- To help build a journal writing community along with other journal writing websites and dedicated coaches.
NaJoWriMo starts on the first day January, April, July and October. During these months, participants are challenged to complete 30-31 daily journal writing. As a participant, you do not have to post your journal entries online, but you are encouraged to post about your participation on you social networks, using the hashtag, #amjournalwriting.
Levels of Participation
NaJoWriMo participants can also select to choose a level of participation that fits their goal and purposes of journal writing.
First off, be sure subscribe to this site so that you can get regular updates in your mailbox. Also follow @NaJoWriMo on Twitter. For more information about participating in NaJoWriMo, start with these blog posts:
- 10 Reasons to Participate in NaJoWriMo
- Tips for Completing NaJoWriMo
- 101 Purposes for Trouble Keeping
- Paper or Digital: What Type of Journal You Should Keep
NaJoWriMo provides provides sets of daily prompts basic on a thematic theme that you can subscribe to. Each set of 30 or 31 daily prompts are emailed to you daily, and you can either subscribe to them the day before before a NaJoWriMo month begins, or any day you want to get started.
When you subscribe to a set of prompts, the first prompt will arrive in your email box the next day after you sign up.
Purchasing a prompt set not a requirement to participate in NaJoWriMo.