The kick off for National Journal Writing Month is July 1st. The purpose of NaJoWriMo is to take on the challenge of writing in your journal for 30 days straight.
To prepare for NaJoWriMo, do the following:
1. Select your method of journal writing: pen and notebook, online journaling, or digital journaling using a computer or mobile application.
2. Choose how you plan to complete NaJoWriMo challenge. Suggestions:
- Write daily journal entires of at least one sentence or longer.
- Journal write using a NaJoWriMo theme or a theme of your own choosing. The theme for July is Places and Journeys.
- Take the 15,000 word challenge of writing 500 word entries per day.
3. If possible, schedule a time to write in your journal, such as in the morning before going to work or school, or before going to bed. If you schedule a time you’re more likely to get the writing done.
4. If you’re Twitter user, use the hashtag, #amjournalwriting to share about your daily journal writing. You can search that tag or bookmark this page to see tweets using the tag. Using this hashtag will help spread the word about how useful journal writing can be for various purposes.
5. If you’re a Facebook user, join the new NaJoWriMo Facebook group. [Tweet “I’m participating in National Journal Writing Month. Join me. #amjournalwriting”]
Subscribe To NaJoWriMo
Join the NaJoWriMo mailing list and receive a copy of “Tips for Maintaining Journal Writing Habit". Your email address will only be used for sending you NaJoWriMo blog updates. Emails sent no more than once or twice a month. You get tips and ideas for getting most out your journal writing.