National Journal Writing Month starts up again on April 1st. The theme for the month-long challenge is Personal Renewal Through Journal Writing.
The theme invites you to ponder these and other questions…
- What challenges are we not facing?
- What’s something new we could try?
- Is it time to bury old habits?
- In your life, what have you lost?
- What fresh paths do we want to start on?
- What do we need to change or improve upon?
Why Take the Challenge?
If you’re a new or experienced journal writer, NaJoWriMo offers a great opportunity to use writing for self-reflection and self-renewal.
Also, taking part in NaJoWriMo April may be the challenge that could encourage you to write regularly.
How to Participate
Choose a tool for journal writing:
- Pen and notebook
- Digital journaling
- Digital notebook
- Your favorite text editors, such as Word or Google Docs
For April, the focus of the journal writing prompts is Personal Renewal.
3. Let a friend or social media followers know that you’re taking the NaJoWriMo April challenge. Join the NaJoWriMo Facebook group, where you can get motivated to complete the challenge.
Journal Writing Course
You can also purchase the NaJoWriMo April Email course, which provides an original daily prompt for NaJoWriMo April.
Note: If you order the course, be sure to do so on Thursday, March 31st. Your emails will start on April 1st. If you order the course before March 31st, it will begin the day after your order.
Purchase NaJoWriMo April Book
If you want a paper journal for NaJoWriMo April, you can order the Personal Renewal Through Journal Writing book.
The book includes two lined pages for each of the 30 prompts. You will need to order the book by March 25th in time for the April challenge.